Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Don't Lick Your Flip-Flop!

Last year I read a book, Momfidence, that took a funny look at motherhood. One of the chapters was called, "Don't Jump on the Whale". It basically talked about all the interesting situations you find yourself in when you are working with children all day.

The other day we were driving home from an icecream trip. I turned around and told Sadie to stop licking her flip-flop. I turned back and resumed my conversation with Steve. It took me a few moments to realize what a strange thing I had just said to Sadie. It got me thinking about the book and all the strange situations we get in . So . . . to my many blog readers: What is the strangest thing you have found yourself saying to your children or other children? I would really like to know.

4 comments:

Lori said...

My mommy brain has officially kicked in, so I can't remember the strangest thing ever, but lately I have been telling Olivia that "I like the pee-pee's/poo-poo's in the potty" as opposed to NOT liking them in the undies, trying to explain to her that she needs to tell me when she needs to go! I think it's pretty strange to say that you LIKE the previously mentioned bodily functions in ANY context, so that's what we'll go with.

The Maddens said...

"Is that poop on you hand? Where did you find poop!"

miss kitti said...

I'm with Lori, I can't think of the strangest thing.

I say a lot of the same things, "chew with your mouth closed", "don't leave the table unless you're done", "don't get out of bed unless you have to use the bathroom."

Once: "No, you can't wear your socks in the shower. We can wash them in the washing machine. Same goes for your clothes!"

Unknown said...

I have to remind Lauren when our sliding glass door is open that the screen door is closed as she is known to run into it on occasion. Recently Lauren has been telling me, "Throw your skin in the trash." This is due to our sunburns of course.