Saturday, September 15, 2007

I love the Future

Yesterday, I walked with the kids to the library. On the way, Sadie asked why God made trees. I started off with the easy answer, "Because they are so beautiful" then I remembered . . . I have a degree in biology, I can give her a real answer. So we talked for a few minutes about all the things that trees do for our world. Then, because she was wearing a shirt that said "Hug a tree" she decided that she wanted to hug a tree (but it had to be big enough) I really wish that I had a camera with me, but alas. I'm quite proud of my little tree hugger. Who knows, maybe she will be a world famous (or perhaps infamous) environmentalist.

Five minutes after hugging the tree, she said to me, "Mommy, I love the future." There are so many times when she just pulls something out of nowhere. As I was trying to figure out where she got that statement, I realized that she meant nature. So we had a discussion about the difference between nature and future. The rest of the walk she would ask, "Mommy, why do you love the nature?" Or she would say, "I love the nature."

I really hope that she loves nature as much as I do. She certainly loves exploring and loves hikes. She even asked if we could go camping one more time.


No comments: