Saturday, March 14, 2009

Tree Huggers


I recently was asked if I was one of "those tree-huggers." I proudly answered, "Yes, I am." Although I don't think I have ever actually hugged a tree, my kids take a more literal approach to the expression.

Steve was sick today, so I took the kids to Shaver's Creek which is an environmental center. It has a lot of trails, an interpretive center, and a bird conservatory. We were the only ones there for awhile so the kids got a little more attention and got to touch a rat snake and a turtle. Sadie didn't really want anything to do with the snake and Dallin called the snake "nase" and the turtle "terse." He really loved looking at the turtles. In fact, there was turtle shell on the touch table and he kept wanting to return it to the turtles in the cages.

Then we went on a short hike. Dallin walked most of the way, but was getting slower and slower so I had to hoist him up on my shoulders. They both had a lot of fun. I can't wait for spring . . . I'll bring them back up there to see all the wild flowers. Here are some pictures from the hike.



1 comment:

Lori said...

cute, sounds fun. I love Shaver's Creek.