Monday, May 25, 2009

Little Women

With the last Scholastic book order, I ordered some Junie B. books. Sadie has been asking me when they are coming for quite awhile. She keeps telling me that she is ready to read chapter books because she is a really good reader. I just told her they would come soon. Yesterday she picked up a Great Classics for Children version of Little Women. The girl read 54 pages yesterday! There are pictures on about every other page, and the print is large, but still . . . 54 pages. She was really proud of herself. I don't think we were impressed enough for her though, because she kept telling us how hard it was and how good of a reader she was. It was really cute. I let her read a couple of chapters to me before she went to bed. It reminds me of myself when I was younger. It's nice to have her be entertained so quietly too! I am really proud of my girl!

1 comment:

angelic pursuits said...

Oooh . . . Junie B. is a GREAT pick. We love those around here! Good job, Sadie!