Monday, December 17, 2007

Dallin's first word?

The other day we were all sitting around in the family room. Dallin was messing with the DVD player or TV or something, and as I sometimes do when he gets into something he shouldn't, I said "Älä!" "Älä" means "don't" in Finnish (and the "ä" is pronounced like the vowel in the word "black"). Anyway, we all swear that right after I said it, he said it, too. It really sounded like it. We laughed long and hard. He felt pretty cool after that. Anyway, he's getting old enough to mimic us when we make sounds, so he really could have.

Was "Älä!" Dallin's first word? Hmm. Looks like we've got a budding polyglot on our hands.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Carrie - You have a beautiful family, and you all look so happy. I'm so very glad that I had the chance to see your blog.
Your Aunt Winnie