Friday, December 7, 2007

Losing Weight

Well, I finally have reached a point where I am willing to do the hard work required to lose all that baby weight (I gained 40 lbs). So the 40 lbs plus my basic overweightness means that I am needing to do a LOT of hard work. I was discussing this with Steve the other day when Sadie joined us in our room. She seemed curious, so we included her in the conversation. We told her that mommy and daddy were going to start working hard to lose weight and being healthier. We then asked her how she felt about it. She got really excited and started dancing a little (she's always dancing or jumping or running) Then she said, "oh, goody, then you'll be like a mermaid." (Maybe she thinks I look like Ursula . . .you know, the really fat octopus) We informed her of the tragic truth -- mommy will NEVER look like Ariel.

Then on Monday, my first day of excercise, we were coming out of the YMCA and Sadie stated, "I thought you were going to lose weight." Yes, Sadie, so did I. I wish it were that easy. So far my efforts have been going well. I'll definitely need everyone's support, but I am feeling really good.

4 comments:

the andersons said...

You have my support! Wish I was there so we could do it together!

JonesFamilyBlog said...

I, too, have that same goal so I signed up for Golds Gym a couple weeks ago-my Christmas present from my rich sister. It's worth it just because childcare is included:) My problem is not the working out cuz I like that-I just really like eating junk, too. Anyway, good luck. This is a hard goal, maybe we can keep each other motivated!

k said...

My support is noted, and I am joining you in your plight. It's hard but we can do it!

Dianna said...

...universal battle, I'm afraid! (Except for those lucky few that just don't seem to gain weight!)I work with a Doctor that explained the process very simply: If you cut out ALL processed sugar, your insulin levels will even out and you won't get the cravings for the sweets taht caused the problem to begin with! Made a lot of sense and it worked for about 20 lbs and then the old habits just came creeping back in. This doctor is amazing! She is 55 and looks 35. She maintains health by not putting a thing into her mouth unless it is of nutritional value to her body. (Wonder where chocolate falls into that plan?)Anyway, you have my greatest admiration and I support your efforts!