Wednesday, February 27, 2008

We're a lot alike!

It's been awhile since I have blogged. Not a whole lot has happened . . . we are just waiting for winter to be over. Sadie did say some things recently that were definitely blog worthy. The other day we were in Target waiting for a prescription to be filled and I suggested that we go to look at some aisle (I think it was the aisle with hair clips) She replied, "I was just thinking that mom, you and I are a lot alike." What a cutie. She has been very observant of the things around her.

Recently we gave Sadie the chore of folding diapers. We were working together and she was amazed at how fast the pile of folded diaper grew (I wasn't really doing much) She commented, "Wow, this pile is getting so big. Mom, you and I work together really well."

We have been having a hard time with Sadie lately, but we recently started a new reward program. We have been rewarding good behavior and providing a new consequence to throwing fits and yelling at us. Every time she throws a fit or yells at us, she loses a "flower" At the end of the day she gets to move up on her chart. We started this mostly so that Sadie can see how she is doing throughout the day. We also noticed that we were punishing her by yelling at her and we didn't want to do that anymore. I can't say that it had been a miracle, because we have really had to work hard with her, but she made it to the top of her chart! I asked her what she wanted because she didn't like my idea. She wants a party. So, we will be having a party soon! I am really proud of her! She has been working really hard and hopefully it will continue.

No comments: