Saturday, March 15, 2008

"We'd have to go to Mars or something"

Sadie and I were out running errands when we started talking about diapers for some reason. I asked her whether she knew why we use cloth diapers. I explained the environmental benefits and the money-saving benefits, too. I thought I'd take the chance to talk with her about why it's important to take care of the planet. She said a lot of really smart things about not wasting things and so on. I was impressed. I reminded her of The Lorax and what lessons we can learn from that, too. Anyway, at the end I asked her what it would be like if we didn't take care of the planet and she said it wouldn't be a very nice place to live. I agreed, and then she said "Yeah, we'd have to go to Mars or something." Hilarious.

A bit later I asked her how she learned about Mars. I guess just this morning on Mickey Mouse Playhouse Goofy went to Mars. It was fresh on her mind, I guess.

1 comment:

JonesFamilyBlog said...

That's funny. I love the things kids think of.