Thursday, June 12, 2008

Sadie


Sadie is really enjoying summer! She goes outside anytime I will let her . . . even when it is absolutely roasting outside. She loves playing with water and chalk. She especially enjoys practicing her new writing and drawing skills on the sidewalk. She is a great little girl and we have a lot of fun with her. Even when we are really mad at her, she manages to make us laugh (sometimes). The other day I was really upset with her (I don't remember why) She was sent up to her room. She really hates being sent to her room. A little while later she came stomping down with a note in hand. She had written, "I do not lik yuo."

After she had gone back upstairs she called down, "Mom did you like your note?"

"No, I didn't."

"Why?"

"Because it made me sad."

A little while later she came down with another note that said, "I love yuo mommy. Love Sadie."

I must say that I was proud of her even when she didn't like me very much. There were so many positive things from her being sent to her room. She learned a new way to express herself instead of crying and screaming, she wrote a whole note without any help, she showed compassion when I said that the note made me sad . . .

Later that day she wanted to throw the mean note away . . . I kept it. I decided that it's ok if my kids don't like me all the time. As long as they know that I love them, that's all that really matters.

1 comment:

the andersons said...

I'm glad you kept the note.... she'll smile about it later in life.