Thursday, June 12, 2008

So Sorry!


First of all, I would like to apologize for my recent lack of blog posts. As you can see, we have been enjoying our summer. We've been going on bike rides, swimming, taking trips to the library, and just having fun. I'll try to update everyone up on what we have been doing. . .

Dallin:
Dallin got tubes put in his ears about 2 weeks ago. He has been a totally different child since then. I don't think we realized how much his ear infections were bothering him. I think he is really going to be a lot like Steve. His mom tells me that when he was little she would take him to the doctor and the doctor would look into his little ears and ask, "Why didn't you bring him in earlier?" She would say, "Well, he hasn't complained about his ears." They would just look at her with an expression of, "Sure, lady!" I know how you felt Julie!

The same kind of thing would happen to me. The only symptoms he would have would be to rub his ears. He wouldn't cry and he would continue sleeping just fine. Sometimes I would just take him to a well-baby visit and they would discover infected ears. So, he has had almost constant ear infections since January.

He laughs all the time now. He rarely screams from frustration (he used to scream all the time) He is also starting to speak a few words. We are still the only one who understands him, but he definitely says mama, dad, bird, ball, banana (it sounds like dada), bye. I think he might say more than that, but we don't really understand him.

Dallin has also figured out how to climb out of his crib. Nobody ever mentions that as a milestone, but it definitely opens up a whole new chapter in our lives.

2 comments:

the andersons said...

Yeah!! I am so glad you decided to post this.. I've been wondering how you have been doing. Sounds like you have been having a fantastic summer! Such fun! We are excited to see you guys soon. I can't get over how much Dallin looks like Sadie!

Kim said...

Ryan had the same thing--chronic ear infections that we weren't ever aware of until well baby visits. He eventually got tubes in his ears as well and it was awesome afterwards. He also didn't scream or sleep poorly--but he scratched his cheeks right by his ears. The doctor just thought it was eczema.