Tuesday, June 29, 2010

As Promised . . . mostly for my mom



Well Mom, I really hope that you are reading this. I have been assuring you for many months that I update my blog regularly, but I have been lying. I am making a sincere effort to repent of my ways and sin no more. So here goes.





What is a kid's favorite toy? A cardboard box! This magnificent pirate ship was once a box to our brand new jogging stroller. (I'm really excited about this stroller). Notice the flag and their mean pirate faces. The ship last for a few days, but they had a lot of fun with it. I think everyone in the courtyard eventually was part of this game!




Besides spending most of our time playing in the backyard, we decided to celebrate the beginning of the summer with a camping trip. So, on the last day of school, we crammed everything into our little car and ventured out to Raystown Lake. It was a great trip spent with our good friends, The Lees. We swam; we made smores; Steve mountain-biked; I did some trail running; and we had close call with some poison ivy. It took about three days to recover (I never realized how much work went into our week long camping trips when I was younger - thanks mom and dad)


And finally, these last few pictures are just from a photo shoot that I did to make a Father's Day card. The card never happened, but I got some cute pictures that I think show their personality quite well.




Can you tell that Sadie likes to pose for pictures? In fact, my neighbor has been using her as a model for some of her artwork. You can find an example of what she has been doing here.

2 comments:

Robyn said...

I was just thinking about you Carrie, and wondered how you were doing. It's good to hear from you (on your blog) again. I can't believe how grown-up both your kids are now. I still remember Sadie when she was in diapers. I love your scripture totes BTW, they're awesome.

George J Gilstrap said...

I remember my card board box, it was the one to that giant halltree thing, I had at least three sleepovers with my friend forest where we added like sixteen pillows and a sheet hanging down the middle to separate sides, I also remember we hunkered down in that box for hours making "nests" and reading giant collections of Calvin and Hobbs books, good memories!

Oh and hello, this is your little peice of awesomeness George.

And this iPhone is great :D