Monday, August 27, 2007

A daddy-daughter trip to the PA Renaissance Festival

A couple weekends ago I took Sadie to the Renaissance Faire. It was supposed to be a whole family thing, but Dallin was sick and I was very determined to go. So we decided Sadie and I would just go and we could all go together next month if we wanted. The Faire is a little east of Harrisburg, PA, so just about 2 hours from us.

I think Sadie really enjoyed it. We found her some wings in one of the first shops we visited. They were a bit on the pricey side but very, very cute and much nicer than the wings she already had. So, I asked her if she was sure she wanted to get them because we wouldn't be able to get anything else while we were there. And she said yes!


Her favorite thing by far at the Faire was a performing act with acrobats. It was a part comedy part acrobat act with two guys and a girl, all about my age or a bit younger. She was very, very impressed with the girl (and thought she was really pretty) and talked about her the rest of the day. She even wanted to go back to see their second show of the day. So we did! She also wanted to go up after the show and meet her. So we did that, too.

Sadie also got to be in a magic show. The magician pulled coin after coin out of her ears and nose. It was funny and I think she liked it.


For me, going to the Renaissance Faire brings back a lot of memories. I guess it takes me back to my adolescent years, when I went almost every year. I have one friend in particular, Brian Taylor, that I almost always went with. We had a blast. They're just a goofy, fun time.

I also have a thing for kilts, and I almost gave in and bought a kilt, belt, and tunic. It would be totally dumb given how poor we are, but one of these days I'm just going to do it. Think of how cool of a Halloween costume I'd have every year, not to mention an appropriate outfit for the Renaissance Faire every year. Oh, I plan to get a sword, too. Really, I'm still a kid when it comes to swords, shields, and all that stuff.

No comments: