Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Sibling Differences

Since we haven't done anything extremely exciting, I thought I would write about the personality differences of our children. Sadie, who is almost 4, is a walking -- no, running -- ball of energy. They say the sun is the source of most of the energy in this world . . . well, I think Sadie runs a close second. She doesn't stop moving from the time she wakes up until the time she passes out at night. We love her enthusiasm for life and her love of just doing things. She is also full of questions right now. We usually try to answer all of them, but sometimes I just have to tell her that I am done answering questions for awhile. She is quite the deep thinker too. Last night she told Steve after we had bought some new pull-ups, "When people like these pull-ups, they buy them."

Dallin is a lot different. We knew the difference the day he was born. He slept the entire first day and ever since then, he has been super mellow. Even when he is fussy because of teething, he is still a really good baby. I think Dallin will be the emotional rock that this family needs. That's a lot of responsiblity for an 8-month-old. I don't know if the differences are due to gender or just their personalities. I am glad to have a mellow baby though. I don't think I would have survived without it.

1 comment:

Trisha said...

Hey Carrie! It's so good to see what you guys are up to! Hopefully you see this post. We are doing well. We just moved into a bigger place, with A/C! I was just thinking about you the other day and wondering how you were. Anyway, you said you want to see others blog sites so I'll send you an email with the address.
Talk to you soon.