Saturday, October 13, 2007

"I won't! I'm four!"

Carrie went to DC today to take her friend Jessica there for a conference. She took Dallin, too. I spent the whole day at home with Sadie. We watched a lot of college football, ordered pizza, played with Legos, and went to the playground a couple times. It was great. I really love spending time with her. I absolutely adore Sadie.

When we were at the playground, at one point she called out to me to look at what she was doing, hoping that I'd be proud of her. I had a different assessment of the situation. I thought that her climbing on top of a metal railing on the play structure had the potential to lead to physical harm. At any rate, I said "Sadie, don't do that. You'll get hurt" to which she promptly replied "I won't! I'm four!" as if just by virtue of being four years old she was suddenly immune to injury and accident.

I then had an image of us having a conservation late some night in about twelve years. I'll offer some warning or express some concern over her teenage behavior and she'll say "I won't! I'm sixteen!" Great.

1 comment:

The Maddens said...

Hope you had fun in DC Carrie. It sounds like everything went well when you were gone. She's four!! I love it.