Friday, October 5, 2007

"I'm not your stuffed animal"

Sadie is generally very affectionate with me, and doesn't mind me swooping her up in a big hug or giving her a barrage of kisses. She's generally attached to me at the hip for a good twenty minutes when I get home every day (unless, of course, she's busy playing outside with friends - then I just get a token "hi"). That's why something she said the other day was just hilarious.

We were sitting around in our bedroom and I grabbed her to hug her and she said "Daddy, I'm not your stuffed animal!" Carrie and I just laughed and laughed. Actually, I thought it was pretty cool. Sadie is a bit of a feminist, I suppose. Anyway, there were no lasting effects on our relationship. She's just as loving and affectionate as ever. But it was cool to see her stand her ground. She'll need it when she's a bit older, eh?

1 comment:

k said...

Good for Sadie, the budding feminist :) She's a clever little thing besides.