Tuesday, October 23, 2007

We've been busy!


I thought Julie would like this picture. It's the Red Cross Headquarters in Washington DC. Dallin and I took Jessica (my best friend) to DC for her conference. She flew into Harrisburg a few days early so that we could spend a few days together. We didn't do a whole lot in State College, but it was nice to have her here. There's always something good about having someone who has stuck with you through everything. It was almost like having another member of the family. She was great with my kids (Aunt Jess). She even pitched in with bedtime and when we had to babysit. She helped me with dinner and with the dishes. I wonder if she will ever come back because I really put her to work. Thanks for everything Jess!

This is me and Dallin. We didn't get any good pictures of the whole group, but we met up with Jon and Lauren Funk. They took us all out to lunch. I can't remember where it was. But it was really nice if somewhat slow. We visited a bunch of memorials. There was A LOT of walking. We were all tired by the end of the day. I can't believe I did all that when I was 8 months pregnant. (We spend 2 days in DC last October). Dallin was great the entire day. I think he only cried when I changed his diaper. He never really took a nap but he was still a very happy baby. It was nice to have 3 other people take care of him for the day.

Like the title says, we have been busy. Here is a picture of us at the Apple Festival. The cool thing about this picture is that we are standing by my own booth! There is a local fruit farm (Way Fruit Farm) that has a little festival every year. I decided about three months ago that I could try to sell some of the stuff that I make. The first week I was in DC and not much of my stuff sold. But the second week I sold a lot of stuff. It was a lot of fun. I broke even on all my supplies and paying for the booth, but it was still worth it because I had fun making the stuff and being there. Here are some close ups of my favorites:


I also made hats and scarves, baby blankets, washclothes, snowflake ornaments. If anyone wants to commission some of this stuff . . .I'm willing and able.

Now, Dallin is sick and demanding attention. Steve took Sadie to the Renaissance Festival this last weekend but he wants to blog about that.

2 comments:

the andersons said...

Carrie, I love you booties and bonnets! They are adorable! I'm impressed... way to go.

Jim and Lisa said...

Those are beautiful! They're look so pretty in the boxes, too.