Thursday, August 21, 2008

DVD and Blue-Ray

Yesterday was a beautiful day with lots of great things that happened. The best being that our friends, the Andersons, came back to State College after a year in Taiwan. Jenny is one of my best friends, Steve gets along really well with Kyle, and Sadie says that Abby is her best friend. We don't find that combo very often. We always have a great time with them and love to talk with them. On the way to go see them yesterday, we had a "Sadie-ism". She was experimenting with her sunglasses. She would put them on and say, "This is DVD," then she would take them off and say, "This is Blue-ray." I didn't understand what she was talking about and so I asked her to explain.

This was her explanation:

"You know DVD and Blue-ray on the movies?"
"Yeah"
"It's brighter with my sunglasses off. . . so it's Blue-ray. It's darker with them on so it's DVD."

I laughed pretty hard. Technology makes its way into our children's vocabulary way more than I ever thought it would.

No comments: