Thursday, August 28, 2008

Sadie quotes of the day

Sadie's been on a roll today, and I just wanted to jot down some funny things she's said before I forget.

First, this morning, Carrie and Sadie were getting a package ready to send to Carrie's mom for her birthday. Sadie made her own card for her grandma. Right in the middle of the card was a big heart. When she was finished, she told us that "there's a force field around the heart so that nobody can break the love." Force field? Break the love? Sadie, you're awesome.

Then, Sadie and I were out running errands. She saw an Obama yard sign and recognized it right away. "Obama!" she exclaimed. Then, a few moments later: "well, not the man Obama." I laughed. I guess she didn't want to get my hopes up too much.

After dinner, Carrie was schmoozing me so that I wouldn't mind her going upstairs for a little alone time. I was sitting down and she reached around me and planted one on my lips. Afterward, Sadie remarked that it was a "stay-married-forever kiss."

Yep, that's exactly what it was.

Does anyone else think she's ready for kindergarten next week?

No comments: